Free Printable: Matthew 7:7 Subway Art


We all need reminders sometimes - and what better way to remind us than to hang that saying/verse/what have you on the wall, right? I used my brand new Silhouette Portrait (which was graciously gifted to me by my awesome fiance for my 23rd birthday - I really have the awesomest person with me ever <3) to cut the letters on contact paper and use it as sort of a stencil. I'll be sharing this printable with you in three formats, so read on for the downloads!

I made this verse to remind everybody in the household of the power of prayer - something that I need to be reminded of every single day (I know, I'm being religious - but seriously, who doesn't need it?). Maybe it's the age getting to me. Or a realization in life. But you know. Heehee.


You can download the white one here and the black one here. They both have a grungy chalkboard effect - print them on letter-sized printer paper (8.5" x 11") or have them blown up at Staples or Kinko's (engineering print).


Or you can do it my way and cut the text out on contact paper to make subway art - download the clean version here. I made it 'clean' to make it easier to trace on Silhouette studio. And I'm pretty sure there are tons of tutorials on how to make subway art - just google or pinterest, you know they're your friends. :D One note though: I made mine grungier by sponging out some of the spray paint while it was drying (with a paper towel) - I'm actually not done with this yet, I still want to sand it (I know you can still see the imperfections!) but actually right now, I'm just so happy I have something to cover up this really huge mirror on top of the fireplace. 




Ooooh and have you see these spheres? They're popping up everywhere - first saw them at West Elm a year ago or so and now I've seen something of the sort at Target. Don't waste your money though - you can make them for cheap! This tutorial at Hillside Homebody will give you the deets. I modified mine though - took out the nail heads and spray-painted it with Rust-Oleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze. Who doesn't love that spray paint?!



BTW - this is so unrelated to this post but I had to share - I really am loving my new Silhouette Portrait. Made this IT Crowd mug for my fiance, because he's such a fan, and I'm planning to make the Roy and Jen versions too as a set. Who's an IT Crowd fan say woooo! LOL. :D I seriously have a ton of projects in mind still. 


Anyhoo, I hope you guys liked this downloadable print - if you ever have problems with it (not showing up or not downloading or whatever - I'm testing out MediaFire for downloads you see) just shoot me an e-mail at aki.altuna@gmail.com and I'll gladly send you a copy of the files. I do have a question though - what's your favorite verse/saying/reminder? Tell me and let's talk - have a great week! 

Linking up here:

  Love Grows Wild  

What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots
Brag About It Linky Part @ VMG206

7 comments

  1. Aki
    Love this!!
    I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesdays and would LOVE for you to add this. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia! I'll be sure to link up. Thanks for the invite! :)

      Delete
  2. It's really a great inspirational reminder :) Can you please let me know how did you put the pinterest button on your photos that way? (appearing when you pass with the mouse through the image)

    thank you*

    The Red Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this printable! Thanks for sharing! I would like to invite you to come link up this post on my Money Saving Monday Link Up. Free printable downloads of vintage printable posters and retro art prints: travel, advertising, old movies, westerns, magic, circus, war, art, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad you love it! I would love to link up! Unfortunately I can't find the link for your link-up --- thanks for inviting me though!

      Delete
  4. Love the IT Crowd...and subway art! Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top